Welcome to HobbyLark—a haven for collectors, tabletop gamers, and performing arts aficionados with a need to share their unbridled passion for hobbies with the online world. Whether you’re an experienced Planeswalker, a budding thespian, or an avid antique appraiser, there’s a home for you on HobbyLark.
To write for HobbyLark, authors must comply with the HubPages.com editorial policy. In addition to these requirements, we encourage you to consider the recommendations and tips below on how to successfully craft high-quality articles for this particular site.
What We Love to See:
- Expertise: Show your readers that you know your stuff! If you’re a professional dance instructor, let them know it. If you’re a board game geek, shout it from the mountaintops. If you’ve been collecting coins since your dad gave you your first one at 10 years old, include that info in your article. Better yet, make it even more legit by putting your credentials in your About the Author Bio (create a bio here). Your readers will thank you for it.
- Enthusiasm: There are hundreds, if not thousands, who also enjoy the hobbies that you adore. What makes you stand out from the crowd? Share your unique experiences and original insight with your readers. Include what special tips or tricks work for you. Your readers will sense and appreciate your genuineness.
- Original Media: This is an excellent way to show readers that you have used a product, attended an event, or have experience with your topic. High-quality, supplemental media is particularly useful for articles that instruct readers on how to perform activities such as dance moves or how to play a game.
- Excellent Formatting: Our readers love seeing numbered lists, bullet points, descriptive captions and headers, and an elegant array of text capsules intertwined with callouts, images, and interactive elements. These well-formatted articles tend to attract readers' attention moreso than those with long, unbroken sections of text.
What We Discourage:
- Random Product Placement: While we encourage product reviews, the inclusion of promotional links or product capsules for no apparent reason other than the hope of a sale is not encouraged. If you do incorporate a product, make sure you have used the product and include more information than what can be found on Amazon, or another site’s product page.
Here are some examples of articles on HobbyLark that we would like to showcase. These articles exhibit the type of high-quality work we wish to see on the site:
- 10 Manga Like "Koe no Katachi" ("A Silent Voice")
- 100+ Funny Telephone Game Phrases
- How to Create a Monologue (Easy and Simple)
- 100 Fun Trivia and Quiz Questions With Answers
- 6 Different Types of Sudoku Puzzles You Should Try
A quick note: All of our Network Sites are a blending of professional editing and writers like you.
If you are intrigued by our community and would like to write for HobbyLark, we’d love to have you! In order to set up an account to begin writing, please sign up on HubPages. Articles are initially written on our parent platform and then, if they are high enough quality, moved to one of our Network Sites like HobbyLark.