100 Fun and Spontaneous Things to Do When You're Bored
Activities for a Rainy Day
- Write a poem.
- Write a blog post.
- Drink some hot chocolate.
- Make your own website.
- Comment on a website.
- Practice your signature.
- Write down your goals for the next 3 years.
- Dance in the rain.
- Read the latest news.
- Create your own comic strip.
- Make a YouTube video; you could even earn money from it.
- De-clutter the house, or your room.
- Find and join an on-line discussion.
- Start a DIY project, e.g., a rainwater collecting tank.
- Catch up on your television shows.
- Light a fire (in a fireplace).
Random, Silly Things to Do
- Try not to think of pandas. It's harder than you think it is.
- See how many marshmallows you can put in your mouth.
- Check that I have not missed any numbers on this list.
- Try to lick your nose.
- Play a practical joke on someone.
- Say a word continuously until it loses its meaning.
- Say the alphabet backward.
- Slide down a flight of stairs on a mattress (be careful)
- Make a prank call.
- Memorize five good jokes. They're always useful for dinner parties.
- Go through a newspaper and draw funny hair on all the photos.
Things to Do Outside
- Go for a walk.
- Go camping.
- Go fishing
- Dawn sail or kayak.
- Go swimming in the local pool.
- Go swimming outside (in a lake or sea).
- Go to the park.
- Buy or sell stuff at a car boot sale.
- Go to a theme park.
- Go paragliding.
- Go to your local zoo.
- Watch a film outside using a projector and a bed sheet.
- Check your local heritage website for an exciting place to rent out for a night.
- Host an all-night gaming marathon.
- Arrange a night out with friends.
New Skills to Pick Up
- Learn to skate.
- Learn Morse code.
- Learn a simple tune on an instrument via YouTube.
- Learn your name in different languages.
- Learn the words to a song.
- Find out how to survive a bear attack.
- Learn a magic trick.
- Build a treehouse.
Activities That Benefit Others
- Give money to charity.
- Cook a fancy meal for friends or family.
- Volunteer at a charity shop to help those less fortunate.
- Plan a surprise party for a friend.
Things to Do With Friends
- Have a pillow fight.
- Go bowling.
- Throw a spontaneous party.
- Play a board game.
- Play biscuit blizzard. Crumble biscuits into large pieces and have a friend blow them into your mouth with a hairdryer. Caution: Make sure you do not to breathe in the crumbs!
Things to Do Alone
- Collect stamps.
- Collect coins.
- Watch a film.
- Go to church.
- Practice your shower singing.
- Make an omelet—experiment with new flavors.
- Think about and research getting a pet.
- Start a woodworking project (e.g., a CD holder or shelf).
- Find and subscribe to a magazine. There's a magazine out there for everyone.
- Start planning your next holiday.
- Read your local news. You can buy your city's paper from a local shop.
- Buy a poster or picture for your wall.
- Buy a box set of your favorite television series.
- Register to vote.
- Sort your CD/book collection.
- Plant something in a pot on your window ledge or out in the garden.
- Enter a triathlon.
- Write down some 1-, 3-, and 5-year goals.
- Train for a 10km race.
- Work on your math skills.
- Go to the gym.
- Try to eat healthy all day—or all week!
- See what courses are available at your local higher education center.
- Make a small investment, e.g., shares, gold bullion bar.
- Give your brain a workout. Do a puzzle in the paper or take a grammar quiz online.
Things for Couples to Do
- Make a cake without following a recipe and see how it turns out.
- Rearrange your furniture.
- Buy your town's local produce.
- Have a Nerf or BB gun battle. Make sure you wear suitable clothing!
- Rent a movie series and buy a big bag of snacks to eat as you binge.
- Plant vegetables. Look online to see what you can plant this month.
- Make homemade ice cream.
- Lie down and listen to music.
- Make a list of things you both want to achieve in the next ten years.
Activities to Get You Outside Your Comfort Zone
- Call or message a friend you have not talked to for a while.
- Attempt an amazing but complex dessert recipe.
- Go into a shop and buy a food product that you have never tried before.
Have you found this website helpful?
Questions & Answers
© 2011 jadlh100