What to Do When You Are Bored
Do you ever feel like you just keep doing the same things all the time when you are bored? Here are a few ideas to help you switch it up!
1. Paint, Draw, or Color - Print out a coloring page from the internet, make a doodling masterpiece, or do a paint by number!
2. Bake - Head to Pinterest, find a simple or super complex recipe, and try something new! Your friends and family are sure to appreciate your efforts.
3. Learn/practice an instrument - Do you have a guitar, keyboard or ukulele sitting in a corner that has been neglected for years? Well, it's time to brush off the cobwebs and get practicing! Look up tutorials on YouTube or just have fun playing an instrument.
4. Go on a walk/run - Try a new trail or take a walk around the neighborhood. Find a great playlist or podcast and you'll be all set! Your heart will thank you.
5. Write - Write a poem, short story, or just write in a journal. It doesn't have to be spectacular, but it will be fun to look back on someday.
6. Listen to new music - Try listening to music you don't normally listen to. Try listening to your Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify, or ask your friend to make you a playlist.
7. Vlog - Challenge yourself to video record snippets of your life for at least a week. If you're not into spending a lot of time on this, try the 1 Second Everyday app. You'll be glad you captured some of your life on film!
8. Make a video - Whether it involves editing your vlogs, or creating something totally original, try learning how to edit if you have never done so, or try a different style of editing!
9. Make a craft - There are so many craft ideas. Pinterest will supply you with plenty of options! Try making a gift for a friend or family member. There's always a good slime or DIY tutorial out there!
10. Organize your room/house - This is your reminder to clean your room! Or even just a section of your room. Or maybe even just one shelf. Anything helps!
11. Read a book - If you're not sure which book to read, check out Goodreads. You'll be able to read reviews and view ratings of books you may like. You'll also be able to follow topics that suit your interests. Check out your local library, bookstore, or audio streaming site. Your library may have affiliations with online streaming companies, so definitely look into what they offer.
12. Help a family member, neighbor, or friend - Help your neighbor with a small project, do a family member's chore, or help your friend accomplish his or her goals. It is sure to take your thoughts off of yourself, and will make you feel great!
13. Blog - Start a new blog, or make a new blog post. If you need some ideas, just google it! There are many challenges or tags that can get you started.
14. Go to a new store or coffee shop - Is there a new store in town that you haven't been to yet? Check it out! Or try a caffeinated beverage at a cute coffee shop you have never been to before.
15. Go to a park - Bring your bike, walking shoes, or blanket and spend a few hours at a nearby park.
16. Go to an animal shelter - Play with and pet some animals! You may even fall in love with one ;)
17. Play a board game - I never laugh as hard as I do when playing a board game with my family or friends.
18. Make a website - Make a new website to promote a new business, or hobby.
19. Start a new social media account - Is there an upcoming social media app/site that you have never tried? Well now is the time!
20. Donate or sell unused items - There are plenty of apps that can help you donate or sell your unused items. Or you can always find a nearby store/organization to donate your unwanted things.
Check out these unusual crafts
When are you bored?
Beat the Boredom!
Hopefully this list gives you some ideas of fun things to do when you are bored. Beating the boredome is always more fun with friends, so call some people and get working on some of these fun tasks!
Questions & Answers
Question: Can you make a list of things to do inside when bored?
Answer: Yes, I recently created an article called 30 Fun Activities to do Indoors: https://hubpages.com/games-hobbies/30-Fun-Activiti...
Meckenzie Ziegler on August 10, 2020:
i want to try the glowing slime !
Norah on June 22, 2020:
There is nothing that I want to do!!!
Mina seragaki on October 12, 2018:
I just watch anime (･_･)
rebecca soul on October 04, 2018:
this is not working out now
julia winn on October 04, 2018: