18 Harry Potter Trivia Questions From "Goblet of Fire"
Here are 18 questions to test your Harry Potter knowledge on names, places, and events that occur in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Don’t fool yourself into thinking that you’ll be asked something as easy as the spell to stun an opponent; think more along the lines of what Dumbledore ordered for dinner at the Yule Ball (pork chops). Be advised that these questions are specific to this book, ignore information that is presented in other Harry Potter novels, and contain spoilers.
1) What is Frank Bryce's occupation?
2) What is the Portkey that Harry used to get to the Quidditch World Cup?
C) Tin can
3) Which of Fred and George's inventions is Ludo Bagman impressed by at the Quidditch World Cup?
A) Canary cream
B) Ton-Tongue Toffee
C) Headless hat
D) Fake wand
4) Who is Ireland's Seeker in the Quidditch World Cup?
5) What position did Ludo Bagman play in Quidditch?
6) Into what animal does Moody change Malfoy?
7) What does Moody command Harry to do after placing him under the Imperious Curse?
A) Perform gymnastics
B) Hop around the room
C) Imitate a squirrel
D) Jump onto the desk
8) What makes up the core of Viktor Krum's wand?
A) Dragon heartstring
B) Phoenix feather
C) Unicorn hair
D) Veela hair
9) Which of these is not one of the spells that Harry came across while attempting to find a way to complete the first task?
A) Horn tongue
B) Pepper breath
C) Poisonous talons
D) Instant scalping
10) Which dragon does Cedric face in the first task?
A) Chinese Fireball
B) Swedish Short-Snout
C) Hungarian Horntail
D) Welsh Green
11) How many Galleons does Dobby get paid each week for working at Hogwarts?
12) Who attends the Yule Ball with Ron?
13) Which order represents the Champions' scores from highest to lowest for the second task?
A) Harry, Cedric, Victor, Fleur
B) Cedric, Harry, Victor, Fleur
C) Cedric, Victor, Harry, Fleur
D) Victor, Cedric, Harry, Fleur
14) What is the password that allows Harry to enter Dumbledore's office?
A) Sherbet Lemon
B) Sugar Quill
C) Cockroach Cluster
D) Pear Drop
15) In what order does Harry face the obstacles in the third task?
A) Boggart, golden mist, Blast-Ended Skrewt, sphinx, spider
B) Golden mist, boggart, Blast-Ended Skrewt, sphinx, spider
C) Boggart, Blast-Ended Skrewt, golden mist, sphinx, spider
D) Blast-Ended Skrewt, golden mist, boggart, sphinx, spider
16) Which of the following was not an ingredient for the potion used to resurrect Voldemort?
A) Harry's blood
B) Voldemort's father's bone
C) Voldemort's wand
D) Wormtail's hand
17) Who begs for Voldemort's forgiveness before getting hit by the Cruciatus Curse?
18) How many Galleons does Harry receive for winning the Triwizard Tournament?
- C—Gardener. In Chapter 1 (The Riddle House), Frank Bryce is said to have been the Riddle's gardener. He remained the gardener for future families.
- B—Boot. In Chapter 6 (The Portkey), Harry, Hermione, the Diggorys and the Weasleys use an old boot to get to the World Cup from Stoatshead Hill.
- D—Fake wand. In Chapter 7 (Bagman and Crouch), Bagman is very impressed with the fake wand that Fred and George include with their wager on the match.
- A—Lynch. In Chapter 8 (The Quidditch World Cup), Aidan Lynch is said to be the Seeker, while Troy is a Chaser and both Quigley and Connolly are Beaters.
- C—Beater. In Chapter 9 (The Dark Mark), Ron tells Harry and Hermione that Bagman was a great beater during his time with the Wimbourne Wasps.
- A—Ferret. In Chapter 13 (Mad-Eye Moody), Moody turns Malfoy into a ferret after Malfoy fires a curse at Harry.
- D—Jump onto the desk. In Chapter 15 (Beauxbatons and Durmstrang), Dean hops around the room, Lavender imitates a squirrel and Neville performs gymnastics. However, Harry is able to fight Moody's command to make him jump onto the desk.
- A—Dragon heartstring. In Chapter 18 (The Weighing of the Wands) Krum's wand is revealed to be made of dragon heartstring. Fleur's wand contains Veela hair, Cedric's contains unicorn hair and Harry's contain a Phoenix feather.
- C—Poisonous talons. In Chapter 20 (The First Task), Harry searches Basic Hexes for the Busy and Vexed and finds spells for instant scalping, pepper breath and horn tongue.
- B—Swedish Short-Snout. In Chapter 20 (The First Task), Cedric faces the Swedish Short-Snout, Fleur faces the Welsh Green, Viktor faces the Chinese Fireball and Harry faces the Hungarian Horntail.
- A—One. In Chapter 21 (The House-elf Liberation Front), Dobby tells Harry, Ron, and Hermione that he gets paid a Galleon a week and receives one day off a month. Dobby refused Dumbledore's offer of ten Galleons a week and weekends off.
- D—Padma. In Chapter 23 (The Yule Ball), Ron attends the ball with Padma while Harry goes with Parvati.
- B—Cedric, Harry, Victor, Fleur. In Chapter 26 (The Second Task), Cedric receives forty-seven points, Harry receives forty-five points, Viktor receives forty points and Fleur receives 25 points.
- C—Cockroach Cluster. In Chapter 29 (The Dream), Harry makes numerous guesses to get into Dumbledore's office before finally landing on Cockroach Cluster.
- A—Boggart, golden mist, Blast-Ended Skrewt, sphinx spider. In Chapter 31 (The Third Task), Harry faces a boggart that takes the shape of a Dementor, mist that turns the world upside down, a skrewt, a sphinx and a spider.
- C—In Chapter 32 (Flesh, Blood and Bone), Harry's blood, Wormtail's hand, and the bone all go into the cauldron.
- D—Avery. In Chapter 33 (The Death Eaters), Avery asks Voldemort to forgive all of the Death Eaters and Voldemort's response is to use the Cruciatus Curse.
- B—1,000. In Chapter 36 (The Parting of the Ways), Fudge gives Harry one thousand Galleons for winning the tournament. The Diggorys later decline Harry's offer of giving them the money.