16 Harry Potter Trivia Questions Only Attentive Readers Know (Book 7)
Here are 16 questions to test your knowledge of names, places, and events that occur in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Be advised that these questions are specific to this book, ignore information that is presented in other Harry Potter novels, and contain spoilers.
1) Who accompanies the Dursleys away from Privet drive besides Hestia Jones?
A) Kingsley Shacklebolt
B) Emmeline Vance
C) Dedalus Diggle
D) Marlene McKinnon
2) What is the first spell that Harry casts after coming of age?
D) Wingardium Leviosa
3) What name does Harry go by when he disguises himself at Bill and Fleur’s wedding?
4) Why does Ron get separated from Harry and Hermione in the Ministry of Magic?
A) He needs to see Cattermole’s wife in the courtroom
B) Mr. Weasley asks to have a private talk with Harry
C) He couldn’t keep up with them in the crowd
D) He has to stop Yaxley’s office from raining
5) What year were James and Lily born?
6) What does Hermione do when Ron returns after destroying the locket?
A) Hexes Ron
B) Summons a flock of birds to attack Ron
C) Punches Ron
D) Ignores Ron
7) What type of horn does Xenophilius Lovegood have in his house?
A) Crumple-Horned Snorkack
8) What is not one of the ways Mr. Lovegood says a cloak can be made to make the wearer invisible?
A) Bedazzling Hex
B) Woven from Demiguise hair
C) Made with Thestral hide
D) Disillusionment Charm
9) What code name does Lee Jordan go by on Potterwatch?
10) What is the name of the goblin that is controlled by Harry’s Imperius Curse?
11) What specific action does Michael Corner take that results in him being tortured by the Carrows?
A) Putting graffiti on the walls
B) Participating in a ‘Support Harry Potter’ party
C) Refusing to use the Cruciatus Curse on students in detention
D) Freeing a chained up first-year
12) What does the spell Glisseo do?
A) Transforms a staircase into a slide
B) Makes objects sparkle
C) Creates a flame
D) Creates a jet of water
13) What does the spell Duro do?
A) Elongates an object
B) Freezes an enemy
C) Conjures a wall from thin air
D) Turns an object into stone
14) How many of Snape’s memories does Harry see in the Pensieve?
15) Why did Dumbledore delay a fight with Grindelwald?
A) Dumbledore was not powerful enough to defeat Grindelwald
B) Dumbledore didn’t believe it was his duty to fight Grindelwald
C) Dumbledore was busy fighting another battle
D) Dumbledore feared the knowledge that he’d killed Ariana
16) What is Ron and Hermione’s daughter’s name?
1) C-Dedalus Diggle. In Chapter 3 (The Dursleys Departing), Dedalus Diggle and Hestia Jones accompany the Dursleys.
2) A-Accio. In Chapter 7 (The Will of Albus Dumbledore), Harry casts Accio on his glasses after realizing that he’s seventeen.
3) B-Barny. In Chapter 8 (The Wedding), Harry takes Polyjuice Potion to take the form of a muggle from Ottery St. Catchpole and pretends to be Barny Weasley.
4) D-He has to stop Yaxley’s office from raining. In Chapter 12 (Magic is Might), Ron separates from Harry and Hermione because Yaxley orders him to stop his office from raining. Hermione eventually separates from Harry too.
5) B-1960. In Chapter 16 (Godric’s Hollow), their tombstones say that James was born on 27 March 1960 and Lily was born on 30 January 1960.
6) C-Punches Ron. In Chapter 19 (The Silver Doe), Hermione punches Ron several times after his return from battling the Horcrux.
7) D-Erumpent. In Chapter 20 (Xenophilius Lovegood), Mr. Lovegood believes that he has the horn of a Crumple-Horned Snorkack, but it is actually an Erumpent horn.
8) C-Made with Thestral hide. In Chapter 21 (The Tale of the Three Brothers), Mr. Lovegood says that an invisibility cloak can have a Disillusionment Charm, carry a Bedazzling Hex, or be woven from Demiguise hair.
9) A-River. In Chapter 22 (The Deathly Hallows), Lee Jordan’s code name is River, Kingsley’s is Royal, Lupin’s is Romulus and Fred’s is Rapier.
10) C-Bogrod. In Chapter 26 (Gringotts), Harry cast the Imerius Curse on Bogrod. Griphook Helped Harry, Ron and Hermione break into Gringotts.
11) D-Freeing a chained up first-year. In Chapter 29 (The Lost Diadem), Neville talks about how Michael was tortured after getting caught freeing a first-year.
12) A-Transforms a staircase into a slide. In Chapter 32 (The Elder Wand), Hermione uses Glisseo to turn stairs into a chute.
13) D-Turns a material into stone. In Chapter 32 (The Elder Wand), Hermione uses Dura to turn the tapestry into stone.
14) C-20. In Chapter 33 (The Prince’s Tale), Harry sees twenty memories. The memories include Snape telling Lily she’s a witch, Snape talking about dementors, Petunia calling Lily a ‘freak,’ Snape on the Hogwarts Express, the Sorting ceremony, Snape and Lily criticizing James, Snape calling Lily a Mudblood, Snape apologizing to Lily, Snape telling Dumbledore that he’ll do anything in exchange for Dumbledore protecting the Potters, Snape grieving the death of Lily, Snape criticizing Harry’s mediocrity, Snape and Dumbledore discussing what will happen if Voldemort returns, Snape promising to kill Dumbledore, Snape asking what Dumbledore is doing with Harry, Dumbledore telling Snape that Voldemort must kill Harry, Dumbledore telling Snape to give Voldemort the correct date of Harry’s departure, Snape telling Mundungus to use Polyjuice Potion, Snape cursing off George’s ear, Snape taking the picture of Lily from Grimmauld Place and Snape preparing to give the sword to Harry.
15) D-Dumbledore feared the knowledge that he’d killed Ariana. In Chapter 35 (King’s Cross), Dumbledore tells Harry that he was scared that he may have cast the spell that killed Ariana.
16) B-Rose. In the Epilogue (Nineteen Years Later), Ron and Hermione’s daughter is named Rose.