As an avid partygoer, I am always on the lookout for fun new games to play.
What Is a White Lies Party?
At a "white lies" party, everyone shares the little white lies that they've told throughout their life. This party game is a fun way to get to know people better and to see how well you can fib!
How Do You Throw a White Lies Party?
These parties are pretty easy to plan. Here's one example of how to throw one!
- Invite your friends over and explain that the goal of the party is to tell each other little fibs. Ask them to come wearing a white T-shirt with their personal lie written on it.
- At the party, have everyone write down 10 things about themselves, five of which are true and five of which are false.
- Have everyone read their lists out loud and see if people can guess which parts are the lies!
- Have a contest to see who can come up with the most creative white lie.
- Have everyone share a time when they've told a white lie and what the outcome was.
- Provide some refreshments and enjoy your party!
Tips for Making a Lie T-Shirt
Generally, one of the rules of a white lies party is that you must wear a T-shirt with your lie written across it. If you want to use this rule at your party, give your guests a heads-up beforehand. Here's an easy way to make a lie T-shirt.
- Get a plain white T-shirt and some fabric paint in a color of your choice.
- Write out your white lie in big letters across the front of the T-shirt using the fabric paint.
- Let the paint dry completely before wearing your shirt to the party!
Another idea is to buy a bunch of cheap white shirts and Sharpies of various colors for your party guests to use. Have everybody create their shirts at the party!
Best Lie Ideas to Write on Your Shirt
Are you going to one of these parties? It can be hard to think of an original and unique white lie! But don't worry—we've made a list of white lies here that you can use for inspiration. Feel free to play off these and modify them to make them even more unique!
- Yep, I'll be ready in 10!
- I'm not even a little bit tired.
- I've been working out.
- I don't care what we do tonight, as long as we're together.
- I love your new haircut!
- No, you don't look fat in that dress.
- I totally didn't see that text from you.
- My phone was silent.
- I already did that thing you asked me to do.
- I didn't hear you come in, sorry!
- I swear, I'm not drunk.
- I'm not even tipsy.
- I got a 4.0.
- I love your hair.
- You don't look a day over 21.
- That party was so not fun.
- I'm glad we stayed.
- I don't even know why I said yes.
- I don't remember that happening.
- Promise, I won't ghost you.
- Sorry got a family dinner.
- I've been so, so, so busy.
- Got a call incoming.
- Sorry, was stuck in traffic.
- I'm on my way.
- I'll be there in 5.
- 10 mins tops.
- I'm not mad.
- You didn't do anything wrong.
- It's not a big deal.
- I don't even remember what happened.
- It doesn't bother me.
- I wasn't paying attention.
- You didn't hurt my feelings.
- I'm not sensitive.
- I don't get emotional.
- I'm not a people person.
- I hate small talk.
- I'm an introvert.
- I'm not good with crowds.
- People drain me.
- I need my alone time.
- I don't like to be touched.
- Nailed it.
- What sign?
- Will call you tomorrow.
- We loved school.
- Maths is the best
- Yeah, I read books all the time.
- I'm such a morning person.
- I don't even need caffeine.
- I get up 6 am every day.
- I don't press snooze.
- I'm never in a bad mood.
- I'm always in a good mood.
- I love people.
- I'm not judgmental.
- I never compare myself to others.
- I don't get jealous.
- I've never been heartbroken.
- My last relationship was amicable.
- I don't have any baggage.
- I'm still friends with all my exes.
- I'm a virgin.
- I've never been arrested.
- I've never done drugs.
- I don't even drink.
- I'm the best at modesty.
- I'm not competitive.
- I never get angry.
- I've never had a fight.
- I hold no grudges.
- I'm always honest.
- I don't gossip.
- My life is an open book.
- I have nothing to hide.
- I'm an excellent listener.
- I'm a great advice giver.
- I'm always there for my friends.
- I don't do drama.
- I'm low-maintenance.
- I don't have any high-maintenance friends.
- I don't need a lot of friends.
- A few close friends are all I need.
- My friends are so funny.
- You will love my friend.
- That's so interesting.
- You're so funny.
- I make $100,000 a year.
- I got all A's.
- I passed my driving test the first time.
- I eat so healthily.
- Wasn't me.
Lies Ideas for Boys
Boys, here are some little fibs that you can use:
- That dress looks lovely on you.
- Of course, it doesn't matter.
- Sure that's more than fine.
- Nope, I don't think so.
- I don't know what you mean.
- What text?
- I didn't get any text.
- You look great today.
- Your new haircut is really nice.
- That color looks good on you.
- You don't need to lose weight.
- You don't need to work out more.
Lie Ideas for Girls
And for the girls, here are some white lies ideas:
- I'm so happy for you!
- You totally deserve it.
- Of course, I don't mind.
- Nope, I wasn't offended.
- Thank you so much for understanding.
- I'm not mad at you.
- I'm not jealous.
- I don't compare myself to others.
- I'm not competitive.
- I said, it's fine.
Lie Ideas for Couples
Couples can play this party game, too! Here are some examples:
- I love your cooking.
- That was the best meal ever.
- Your parents are really nice.
- I had a great time meeting your friends.
- I'm so glad we spent the day together.
- I loved our date last night.
- I can't wait to see you again.
- Thank you for being so understanding.
- Thank you for being patient with me.
- I'm sorry for being forgetful.
- I'm sorry for being messy.
- I'm sorry for being moody.
- Thank you for putting up with me.
What Makes a Really Good White Lie?
A white lie is a harmless little fib that you tell in order to make someone feel better or to avoid hurting their feelings.
For example, if your friend asks you if you like her new outfit and you really don't, you might say "it's great!" even though it's not entirely the truth.
Or if your boss asks you if you finished the project that he gave you two weeks to do and you didn't, you might say "it's all done!" even though it's not.
White lies are usually harmless and insignificant, but they can sometimes backfire if the person finding out the truth feels betrayed or deceived.
For the party though they need to be fun and witty so that everyone can enjoy them, here are some examples:
- I once went skydiving without a parachute
- I was born in a log cabin
- I have a pet unicorn
- I have a photographic memory
- I can speak 10 languages fluently
As you can see, the best white lies are creative and unexpected. So have fun with it and come up with some good ones of your own!
More Outfit Ideas for the Party
If you're attending a white lies party, then you'll need to dress the part! Here are some ideas for what to wear, from the standard white shirt to some more involved outfits.
- A plain white T-shirt with the white lie written across the front in black or another color
- A white button-down shirt with black pants and a black tie (fancy)
- All-white everything!
- A white dress
Whatever you decide to wear, make sure you look good in it so that you can feel confident when telling your lies!
Have Fun, and Don't Take the Lies Too Seriously!
These parties are a great way to get to know your friends better and have some fun at the same time. Just remember to not take it too seriously and to have a good time!
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2022 Ritchie Hughie