100+ Crazy Two Truths and a Lie Game Ideas
I can lick my elbow. Okay, that’s a total lie, but if I were to have you choose which statement is a lie out of the following statements, which would you think is a lie?
- I can lick my elbow,
- I’ve never had a pet before,
- and my middle name is Susan.
This is the game we call Two Truths and a Lie, and it’s a whole lot of fun to play! Not only do you learn a lot about your friends by playing it, but you also learn all of the weird stuff about them too! It also serves as the perfect icebreaker game when meeting a group of new people!
How to Play Two Truths and a Lie
Not everyone has played this game, so it’s important to go over the rules, whether it be for yourself or the other players. Let’s get started, shall we?
- Call all players to sit in a circle. You could sit anywhere, technically, but for the purpose of being an icebreaker, this makes the game more personal and inviting for all players.
- Come up with statements. Have each participant write down three statements about themselves, making sure one of them is a lie, and the other two are true.
- Have a group vote. The group must try to determine which one they feel is the lie, place their vote, and find out whether they were right at the end of each round.
More Fun Ways to Play
You can play lots of different ways, even making up your own style of gameplay. For instance, instead of the answers being revealed right away after each turn, have everyone write down each person’s name, and beside the name, write which statement they think is the lie.
Another fun Two Truths and a Lie variation is to have everyone secretly write down on a piece of paper their Two Truths and a Lie statements and place them in a hat. Have everyone place their papers in the hat and one by one, have someone randomly pick a paper and read the statements aloud. Then the group must decide if that person wrote them, and if not, who they think did, and which are the truths and which is the lie! The person who manages to remain anonymous wins!
So in order to play a solid game of Two Truths and a Lie, it’s a good idea to be prepared with some good statements going into the game, rather than trying to think of things on the spot.
Here are some ideas for you!
- I’ve never been french kissed by a boy/girl.
- I can touch my nose with my tongue.
- I'm related to Keanu Reeves.
- I practice Buddhism.
- I have never broken a bone.
- I have more than 20 cousins.
- I can put both legs behind my head and walk with my arms.
- My nickname in elementary school was Squishy.
- I have a fear of anything that jumps.
- I have a twin.
- My middle name is Barbara.
- I have nine sisters and brothers.
- I’ve never been divorced.
- I have six kids.
- I don’t know how to swim.
- I can play the flute with my nose.
- I grew up on a farm.
- I had a pet snack.
- I hate reading books.
- I still sleep with a stuffed animal.
- I have never eaten at McDonald's.
- My favorite food is sushi.
- I’ve never traveled out of state.
- The only thing I drink is water.
- I don’t eat fruits or vegetables.
- I can make my eyes move independently.
- I know how to snowboard.
- I’m not ticklish.
- I have flashed someone before.
- I have been to a nude beach.
- I can play the piano with my eyes closed.
- I can eat an entire watermelon in one sitting.
- I have bowled a perfect 300.
- I have been on TV.
- I enjoy Polka dancing.
- I've been hunting and shot a buck.
- I like to go base jumping
- I’ve swam with dolphins.
- I was considered “gifted” in school.
- I have met the president.
- I’m an aspiring artist.
- I’m an aspiring rapper.
- I’m an expert at the yo-yo.
- I have a fear of public toilets.
- I like to put hot sauce on everything.
- I can impersonate any character on the Simpsons.
- I’m scared of rollercoasters.
- I’ve driven from California to North Carolina without sleeping.
- I was a cheerleader in high school.
- My favorite singer is Taylor Swift.
- I can teach an old dog new tricks.
- I can win any burping contest.
- I still laugh when the ketchup makes the fart sound.
- I’m addicted to sniffing cologne.
- I never learned how to ride a bike.
- I don’t wear deodorant.
- I'm a straight-A student.
- I have eaten the world's stinkiest cheese.
- I was in the anime club in high school.
- I used to be a model.
- I had a dog named Scruff McGruff.
- I am a proud member of the grammar police.
- I sometimes wish I was a fish.
- I had my first beer when I was five.
- I was never spanked as a child.
- I’m taller than my dad.
- My favorite movie is The Little Mermaid.
- I am horrible at dancing.
- I know how to fix cars.
- I can’t gain weight.
- I can fit 21 marshmallows in my mouth at once.
- I have a pet potbelly pig.
- I’ve never had the Flu.
- I still watch cartoons.
- I have a green thumb.
- I’ve had five major surgeries in the past five years.
- I don’t know how to cook.
- My nickname in college was Spanky.
- I can sense ghosts.
- I have a very large gun collection.
- I am a jump roping world champion.
- I’ve read 322 books.
- I've made an entire Thanksgiving meal before.
- I have an entire room dedicated to shoes.
- I collect rocks.
- I can do a back handspring.
- I often go to Walmart just to people watch.
- I can catch a fish with my mouth.
- My favorite snack as a child was frozen corn.
- I can down a whole jar of pickles in a single sitting.
- I was in a marching band.
- I have never seen any Harry Potty movies.
- I can say the alphabet backward.
- I own over 30 pairs of underwear.
- I make the best chocolate chip cookies in the world.
- There are six TVs in my house.
- I have been on a train ride before.
- I have flown in a helicopter.
- I was once given a check for $5000.
- I've seen ZZ Top in concert.
- I am fluent in five different languages.
- I have not been to a hair salon/barber for over five years.
- I like my steak well done.
- I have ridden the world's tallest/fastest roller coaster.
- I ignore the five-second rule all the time.
- I have never been to a roller rink.
- My least favorite food is mushrooms.
- I once shaved my bother's leg while he was sleeping.
- I bluff at poker.
Tips for Choosing Truth Statements
Coming up with silly and believable lies is pretty easy, but you may be reluctant to let people know too much about you before you know them! Or, maybe you are afraid of being too awkward and need a few pointers. Whatever the case may be, here are a few tips on choosing good and appropriate truth statements about yourself:
- Childhood facts: Chances are, you have a lot of fond memories about your childhood, so use these to your advantage! Examples: “My nickname as a child was Lala Land” or “I once walked into a wall because my brother convinced me I was a ghost.”
- Skills: Think about all of those fantastic skills you’ve picked up over the years. It’s good to know about people’s skills and all, but did you once really bag two bucks with one bullet?
- Favorite things: “When the dog bites, when the bees sting, when I’m feeling sad…” Do you enjoy singing and dancing to musicals, or have you been in a few? Is your favorite pizza topping anchovies? You get where I’m going with this.
- Relatives: Nobody said every statement had to be about you. Include silly statements about relatives that might be hard to believe, like “my grandfather is related to the strongest man in the world” or “my aunt has real 3 inch long fingernails.”
- Career: What you do says a lot about you, so if you’re some kind of big shot, use it to your advantage in the game! For example: “I oversee three state-run mental health facilities” or “I’m an MMA fighter.”
Tip: Choose truth statements that totally sound like they’re made up in an effort to throw people off! The more wrong they are, the more it helps you. Besides, they’ll find out the truth anyway!
It also helps to make your lies sound believable because you want it to be as hard as possible for them to pick out the lie! If you’re a horrible liar, put that notion aside for the sake of the game and feel free to mislead people as you please! It might be one of the only truly excusable times to lie and feel perfectly okay with it. Let that proverbial nose grow as big as you wish and wear it with pride!