I am a deep philosophical thinker who likes asking thought-provoking questions.
Beauty Pageant Questions
The question and answer round is decisive in crowning a winner at beauty pageants. While in the past, a number of beauty contests were judged solely keeping beauty in mind, the present-day scenario is a whole new ball game. Beauty pageants have become a competitive environment that brings alive various aspects of a beautiful personality.
Beauty contests are no longer subject to beauty alone. In this technological era, beauty contestants are judged on their overall personality. Contestants at beauty pageants have to go through a series of rounds that test their skill, ability, and personality. Beauty with brains has become the new mantra at major beauty pageants.
Whether you are participating in a local beauty contest in your neighborhood or representing your country at an international beauty pageant, one thing you cannot falter in is your answers to pageant questions.
Top 10 Best Thoughtful Questions and Philosophical Questions Judges Ask at Beauty Pageants
- If you were God for a day, how would you change the world?
- How different would the world be if women were to rule the world?
- What does it mean to be a modern woman?
- Is life easier for women or men?
- Does a woman sacrifice more than a man?
- What steps or measures need to be taken to eradicate poverty?
- Is there a way to curb sexual harassment?
- If you could break one rule, what rule would that be?
- What would you do to stop wars?
- If you had a chance to discuss a social issue with world leaders, what social issue would it be?
What Type of Questions Do Judges Ask at Beauty Pageants?
The interview questions at pageants begin with an introductory question. Most judges start off with the "tell me something about yourself" question before delving into other questions. Judges love to ask questions that put the contestant in a hypothetical situation.
Hypothetical questions are asked by judges to gauge a contestant’s personality outside their comfort zone. Judges want to know how contestants respond when they are taken out of their comfort zone, so the questions they put forth are often thoughtful, hypothetical, or philosophical in nature. Judges may also ask obnoxiously funny questions to test your wit.
Certain judges at beauty pageants also ask questions related to social issues. The "what would you do if" and "how would you" questions are often asked by judges at beauty pageants. Questions asked by judges test contestants' spontaneity, belief, knowledge, and confidence.
The jury that decides the winner wants to find a girl worthy of being crowned the title. Every jury at a beauty pageant is on the lookout for a girl that is the right combination of beauty with brains. Belief and self-confidence are important if you want to go the distance.
You need to be equipped to answer different types of questions at beauty pageants. It is important to attend a grooming session where aspirants are made aware of what comes their way.
Pageant coaches play a pivotal role in guiding contestants in accordance with their personality type. The coaches play a crucial role in motivation, building confidence, and awakening self-belief. When a contestant works with a pageant coach, she gets a fair idea of what to expect at pageant interviews.
11. How will you use your title to benefit others if you win today?
12. When does a girl become a woman?
13. Why do you deserve this beauty pageant title?
14. If you were granted one wish, what would you wish for?
15. Has the speed of technological advances taken away emotion?
16. Are the youth of this generation more pressured to perform than the youth of previous generations?
17. What is the true essence of being a woman?
18. Is online dating a good thing or a bad thing?
19. What is your philosophy of life, and what do you value most in life?
20. Why is it important to be a multitasker?
How to Answer Questions Cleverly and Tactfully at Beauty Pageants
The questions judges ask at beauty pageants often test contestant’s ability to react spontaneously. While most girls fare well in different rounds, the question-and-answer round becomes the stumbling block for many. Contestants get nervous when a judge asks a question, and rightly so.
You find some of the most difficult questions put forth by judges at beauty pageants. A contestant has limited time to think about the question and answer, and so it is important to be a good listener.
Understand the question the judge asks and provide an answer relevant to the question. Every question a judge asks has keywords that have an association with an answer. When you grasp certain keywords in a question, it becomes easy to assemble, arrange, and rearrange words to come up with an excellent answer.
If you have quick wit and humor, it’s an added advantage in the question-and-answer round. At beauty pageants, when judges ask philosophical questions, thoughtful questions, or hypothetical questions, contestants often show a visible change in their body language and fumble with words.
21. How can you change the world to make it a better place?
22. Is religion the way to peace?
23. What is the moment in your life you would pick to change the lives of others?
24. What, according to you, is an ideal man?
25. What is the biggest challenge young girls face today?
26. If you could change any one of your physical characteristics, which would it be and why?
27. What is the most important lesson for us to learn from life?
28. What is the biggest problem we are facing in our lives today, and how can we solve the problem?
29. How would you define success?
30. Has personal interaction taken a backseat because of social networks?
31. What can be your greatest contribution to the world?
32. How does greed for power affect our world?
33. What, according to you, is the most important part of a beauty pageant?
34. If you were the privileged one to have an extra thirty minutes in a day, what would you do and why?
35. What qualities should a woman possess to make a notable difference in the world?
36. According to you, is plastic surgery a good option for people who are not fortunate with good looks?
37. How important is it for a model to look good at all times?
38. How do you handle disappointment?
39. If you could change something about yourself, what would that be and why?
40. Is social media going the right way or the wrong way, and why?
Remain Calm and Focused When You Answer Questions
When you are being scored at a pageant for your overall personality, it is important to remain calm and have a pleasant smile throughout. No matter how difficult the question, the trick is to be unnerved. When you are nervous, you do not listen to the question asked properly and are unable to understand the depth of a question. While you will answer the question, the relevance and substance in your answer will be missing.
When you are calm and focused, your level of concentration helps you understand the relevance of a question. When you are at peace with yourself, you are able to analyze the question in your mind before answering cleverly and tactfully. Let your mind dictate understanding, and your heart decide the choice of words for your answer. While it’s every girl’s dream to be crowned a winner at a beauty pageant, not every girl can win. Do not be dejected if you do not win. Trust in yourself, and you will achieve your dreams. Good luck!
41. Do you believe you are a role model for young girls?
42. What are your thoughts on people thinking negatively about beauty pageants?
43. How has failure helped you in your achievements?
44. Who is the person you would like to be stranded with on a deserted island, and why?
45. Are women given equal opportunities as men?
46. Is the world doing enough to slow down climate change?
47. If you were the only human among aliens, what would you do?
48. If you had a chance to legalize something that is illegal, what would that be?
49. What superhero would you like to be and why?
50. What is the most important thing parents should tell their children?
51. Is there something that is not right in this world that needs to be put right?
52. What should a person give to the world, and what should a person take away from the world?
53. What are your thoughts on global warming, and how will you do your bit to mitigate global warming
54. What quality in a woman does a man love?
55. If you had a remote control for men, what would be your first command?
56. How has the internet changed our lives, for better or for worse?
57. How does a positive attitude in you bring about a change in others?
58. What’s been the picture-perfect moment in your life?
59. Do we need politics and politicians in this world?
60. What piece of advice would you give to the internet generation?
61. Has social media had a positive impact or negative impact on minds in recent years?
62. If you were given a chance to live your life all over again, is there a part in your life you would change?
63. What would you sacrifice to be successful?
64. Do men fear responsibility more than women?
65. Why do rumors spread quickly?
66. According to you, what is that defining problem teens in this age find hard to deal with and why?
67. Will stringent laws on gun control put a curb on crime and killing?
68. How important are beauty pageants in today’s world?
69. What, according to you, is a true friend?
70. If given a chance, what would you do to prevent a war between two nations?
71. If you were a genie in a bottle, who would you like to serve as your master?
72. What is the hardest part about winning, and what is the hardest part about losing?
73. Is there something the world has turned a blind eye to that bothers you?
74. In this present age, do we spend more time with gadgets and less time with people?
75. What will you accomplish if you win this title?
76. What magazine cover would you like to see yourself on and why?
77. What is your biggest regret or disappointment in life?
78. What, according to you, is the best way to promote women's empowerment?
79. Which role of a woman complements a man better, mother, daughter, wife, or lover?
80. Is there something missing in our world?
81. What would you do to bring peace among nations at war?
82. What would you rather prefer in a man—an intelligent mind or a fit body?
83. Is social media bringing people together or causing relationship problems?
84. What would you do to help bring about world peace?
85. If you could have any superhuman power, what would it be and why?
86. Would this world be a better place without guns?
87. What completes a woman?
88. What is more important, money or fame, and why?
89. What’s a striking quality that sets women apart from men?
90. What is the best way to bounce back from disappointment?
91. How do you handle criticism?
92. Which celebrity do you idolize and why?
93. If you win a $10 million jackpot, what would you do with the money?
94. If you could change something in history, what would it be?
95. What makes you stand out among other girls competing today?
96. How do you handle stress and pressure?
97. Will winning this title help you in your personal and professional life?
98. Is gadget addiction going to be difficult to deal with in the near future?
99. What is the role of a role model?
100. What is the biggest obstacle that prevents development?
Good Luck With Your Beauty Pageant!
The list above showcases a diverse collection of pageant questions and interview questions asked by judges and jury at beauty pageants. Feel free to comment with your views, opinions, and suggestions. Furthermore, if you want to answer or ask a pageant-related question, let us know in the comments section.
© 2018 Ansel Pereira
Tiarna Georghiou from Brisbane, Australia on April 26, 2020:
Wow this is a great article. They are all fantastic questions that we can ask ourselves and reflect on.